Apr 2, 2021
About the Guest:
Rupert Spira is an English
studio potter and writer, famous for his carefully crafted
minimalist bowls as well as his career as a spiritual writer and
teacher, engaged in the practice and philosophy of Non-Duality,
which is also called Advaita in Sanskrit.
The main point of Non-Duality
teaching is the belief that we are the souls who create the
illusion that there is an outside world. In this sense, major
aspects of the outside world and reality as we know it are
considered non-existent and what remains is based purely on the
intimacy of our inner experience and true self.
Spira explores the nature of
human experiences and perceptions in his essays, books, videos, and
lectures. He has published a couple of books related to his
teaching as well as a few DVDs with interviews and
He also organizes regular
spiritual meeting events, video conferences, and retreat gatherings
dedicated to Non-Duality, and these events are held in the UK,
Europe, and the US.
In this conversation we talked about:
- How To Stop Identifying With Our Thoughts,
Feelings, and Emotions
- How To Identify Our True Nature and To Get A
Better Understanding Of Yourself
- How Can You Be The Best Version Of Yourself And
Make The Highest And Biggest Contribution In The World
- How We May Find Lasting Peace And
- What Is The Nature Of Reality And Our
Relationship To It
- How Should We Live In The World
- 00:00 -
- 01:54 - How Would Rupert Describe Spirituality And Its Role?
Why Is It Important?
- 04:56 - Three Core Questions Our Society Are Looking For
- 07:45 - How Do Rupert See The World In This Moment? What's The
Next Step Of Evolution For Mankind?
- 13:00 - What Is Non-duality? How To Find Lasting Peace And
- 20:32 - We are Oneness - Rupert Explains How We All Are
- 24:07 - Experiment! What Are Some Practices People Can Start
Doing To Bring Awareness Of Ourselves
- 31:39 - The Power Identifying Our True Nature And Understanding
- 38:08 - Understanding of Who We Truly Are Releases Us From
- 41:55 - What Is The Process Of Creation? What Is Our Power As
- 49:45 - What Is Real Creativity?
- 53:56 - How To Free Ourselves By Understanding The True
- 57:14 - Conclusion - How And Where Can People Learn More About
Rupert Spira And His Teachings